2.50MHz @GFRP (Glass Fiber)
GFRP or glass fiber is usually very attenuative material. Therefore, a low frequency TRM gives better results. We recommend 2.5MHz or lower frequency for GFRP applications. For very thick GFRP (> 25mm / 1 inch), we recommend either using a water-box as delay or no delay-line (works for flat surfaces and you will lose some near surface resolution).
TRM used: TRM-BE-2.50Mz – No delay line.
Spar cap and shear web
This is a spar cap and shear web of a wind turbine blade.
- Thicknesses up to 45.72mm (1.8 inches).
- Dis-bonds in adhesive layer
- Micro-balloons / delamination
- Mold release, grease, contamination
(FGB-1, FGB-2, FGB-3 , FGB-4)
Wind turbine blade specimen with different depth flat bottom wholes.
It has the following characteristics:
- 45mm (1.8 inches) thick.
- 38mm (1.5 inches) diameter flat bottom wholes.
- Depths 10mm – 45mm (0,40” – 1,8”).
Spar cap (Wind-3-110-SPAR-150)
This is a simple spar cap with flat bottom holes in different diameters and depths.